Company Logo



Home industry oil-and-gas senegal Joins Ranks of Oil Producers with Launch of First Offshore Field

Senegal Joins Ranks of Oil Producers with Launch of First Offshore Field


Oil And Gas

 Senegal’s First Offshore Oil Production Launched

New Era for Senegal, Offshore Oil Production Begins, Promising Economic growth and Transformation

After years of anticipation, Senegal has officially joined the league of oil-producing nations. Woodside, an Australian energy company, announced the commencement of oil extraction from the offshore Sangomar field, located approximately 100 kilometers south of Dakar. The field, sitting at a depth of 780 meters, contains both oil and gas and is expected to produce between 100,000 and 125,000 barrels per day.

The floating facility associated with the project boasts a storage capacity of 1.3 million barrels. While Senegal's output may not rival that of oil giants like Nigeria, there is significant optimism that the oil and gas industry will generate billions of dollars in revenue, driving substantial economic transformation for the country.

Charles Thiemele, Africa director of trading company BNG, expressed optimism about the development, noting the project's potential to alleviate Senegal's energy costs, which have historically been a significant budgetary challenge. The oil extracted meets European and Asian market standards and is destined for both export and national consumption.

Oil sector specialist Thiemele suggested that Senegal's production capacity could eventually exceed 200,000 barrels per day, bringing it closer to the output levels of nations like the Democratic Republic of Congo and Gabon. The first phase of development, which includes new exploratory drilling, is projected to cost between $4.9 and $5.2 billion.

The Sangomar project is predominantly owned by Woodside, holding an 82% stake, with the remaining 18% owned by Senegal's state energy company, Petrosen. The discovery of the oil and gas fields and extraction at the Sangomar field is the beginning of a transformative era for Senegal's industry and economy.


Business News


Recommended News


Most Featured Companies

ciobulletin-aatrix software.jpg ciobulletin-abbey research.jpg ciobulletin-anchin.jpg ciobulletin-croow.jpg ciobulletin-keystone employment group.jpg ciobulletin-opticwise.jpg ciobulletin-outstaffer.jpg ciobulletin-spotzer digital.jpg ciobulletin-virgin incentives.jpg ciobulletin-wool & water.jpg ciobulletin-archergrey.jpg ciobulletin-canon business process services.jpg ciobulletin-cellwine.jpg ciobulletin-digital commerce bank.jpg ciobulletin-epic golf club.jpg ciobulletin-frannexus.jpg ciobulletin-growth institute.jpg ciobulletin-implantica.jpg ciobulletin-kraftpal technologies.jpg ciobulletin-national retail solutions.jpg ciobulletin-pura.jpg ciobulletin-segra.jpg ciobulletin-the keith corporation.jpg ciobulletin-vivolor therapeutics inc.jpg ciobulletin-cox.jpg ciobulletin-lanner.jpg ciobulletin-neuro42.jpg ciobulletin-Susan Semmelmann Interiors.jpg ciobulletin-alpine distilling.jpg ciobulletin-association of black tax professionals.jpg ciobulletin-c2ro.jpg ciobulletin-envirotech vehicles inc.jpg ciobulletin-leafhouse financial.jpg ciobulletin-stormforge.jpg ciobulletin-tedco.jpg ciobulletin-transigma.jpg ciobulletin-retrain ai.jpg
ciobulletin-abacus semiconductor corporation.jpg ciobulletin-agape treatment center.jpg ciobulletin-cloud4wi.jpg ciobulletin-exponential ai.jpg ciobulletin-lexrock ai.jpg ciobulletin-otava.jpg ciobulletin-resecurity.jpg ciobulletin-suisse bank.jpg ciobulletin-wise digital partners.jpg ciobulletin-appranix.jpg ciobulletin-autoreimbursement.jpg ciobulletin-castle connolly.jpg ciobulletin-cgs.jpg ciobulletin-dth expeditors.jpg ciobulletin-form.jpg ciobulletin-geniova.jpg ciobulletin-hot spring it.jpg ciobulletin-kirkman.jpg ciobulletin-matrix applications.jpg ciobulletin-power hero.jpg ciobulletin-rittenhouse.jpg ciobulletin-stt logistics group.jpg ciobulletin-upstream works.jpg ciobulletin-x2engine.jpg ciobulletin-kastle.jpg ciobulletin-logix.jpg ciobulletin-preclinical safety (PCS) consultants ltd.jpg ciobulletin-xcastlabs.jpg ciobulletin-american battery solutions inc.jpg ciobulletin-book4time.jpg ciobulletin-d&l education solutions.jpg ciobulletin-good good natural sweeteners llc.jpg ciobulletin-sigmetrix.jpg ciobulletin-syncari.jpg ciobulletin-tier44 technologies.jpg ciobulletin-xaana.jpg

Latest Magazines

© 2024 CIO Bulletin Inc. All rights reserved.