Alexa Amidst increasing Delta cases in the U.S., McDonald’s and other outlets have decided to stop dine in
Company Logo



Amidst increasing Delta cases in the U.S., McDonald’s and other outlets have decided to stop dine in


Retail

Amidst increasing Delta cases in the U.S., McDonald’s and other outlets have decided to stop dine in

Due to the Delta surge, outlets have kept only takeaway option open

Here’s a bad news for all the foodies who rejoiced hanging out with friends, coworkers and family members in eateries or fast food outlets, due to Delta virus surge outlets have decided to remain closed for dine in and open for takeaway.

McDonald’s Corp closed indoor service temporarily in almost all the locations at the beginning of 2020, but they opened 70% last month. As everything seemed to be on track, the global burger chain opened nearly 100 percent by Labor Day.  

But now McDonald’s wants its franchisees to close dine in as the Delta variant is elevating rapidly. "We have a much deeper sense of what actions make a difference for the safety of our restaurant teams and crew," McDonald's USA President Joe Erlinger said during a Wednesday meeting, according to the materials.

Apparently, McDonald’s executives on a conference call suggested franchisees not to be open for dine in in countries where COVID cases are surging three weeks straight. There is no information on how many locations have stopped serving indoors and could so ASAP.

"We’re monitoring the impact of the Delta variant closely and recently convened together with our franchisees to underscore existing safety protocols, reinforce our people first approach and provide updates on the rise in cases in the country," McDonald's Corp said in a statement.


Business News


Recommended News